These cookies are the perfect treat for those that can’t have eggs, and who thought that a decadent treat was out of the question because of food allergies. This recipe is very easily vegan adaptable and top 8 free, with a simple switch of an ingredient.
-Scroll down for a printable version of this recipe-
What do you need?
½ cup butter (use your favorite vegan brand to make this top 8 free)
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup oil
2 tablespoons water
1 cup baking chips (Enjoy Life Brand)
What do you do?
1. Cream together your butter and sugars until fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl mix together your flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
3. Add your oil and water to your sugar mixture, mix until combined.
4. Slowly add in your flour mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir in your chocolate chips.
6. Drop by level tablespoons full onto an ungreased non-stick cookie sheet 2 inches apart. (I used my measuring spoon for this)
7. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool on the cookie sheet before removing. Store at room temperature in air-tight container.
Yes, your mixture is going to be very “crumbly” before dropping it onto the cookie sheet. It’s ok, you still did it right. Just keep going to have delicious cookies!