Rich and chewy, these Decadent Double Fudge Brownies are only for the serious chocolate lover.
I don’t know if I’ve bitten off more than I can chew or what; lately I haven’t had much time for anything. We have something going on every day of the week.
I’m ready to kick back, relax, and not think about home school, dance lessons, field trips, the library, Kayla working, dinner, cleaning house, or laundry.
Did you think my list was ever going to stop? I probably could have added a few other things, I figured I’d spare ya’ll the details. I’m starting to get burned out, yet we’ve only been homeschooling for a month!
Yes, the beauty of homeschooling is that we can take that break. I do think that it’s about time for one. With all the craziness that goes on, how do I stay sane? I bake!
This brownie recipe wasn’t on my blog plan at all. It’s been stuck inside of an old recipe box that belonged to my mother. I’m not really sure where it came from, because I can’t recall homemade brownies growing up at all.
Like I said, this recipe wasn’t in the plans, but these decadent beauties ended up in the plans, squeezed between Cheesy Chicken and Rice and my Not So Spooky Spiced Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes coming up on Monday. <— You shouldn’t miss these!
These brownies are like the caption says, only for the serious chocolate lover. They are fudgy, moist, studded with the best semi-sweet chocolate morsels, and are the best brownies that you will ever sink your teeth into!
Plus, they are so s-i-m-p-l-e to make!
Ingredients in Decadent Double Fudge Brownies:
- dark brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- Semi-Sweet Baking Bar
What can you add to brownies?
Chopped nuts – white chocolate chips – M&M’s – chopped candy bars – peanut butter chips – toffee – peppermint extract
We love brownies, here are a few of our other favorites:
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 - 4 oz bar Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Baking Bar coursely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a pan by placing parchment paper in the bottom. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the eggs until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stir together until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chunks and then spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, lift the brownies from the pan, using the parchment paper, and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram