Slightly spicy chuck roast, slow cooked in the crock pot, then shredded for the best Crock Pot Shredded Beef Tacos, perfect for a crowd.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
We eat a lot of different Mexican inspired dishes around here.
There is just something about the flavors of cumin, paprika, and chipolte that we all love.
Why these Crock Pot Shredded Beef Tacos Rock!
It’s easy to toss the ingredients into the crock pot the morning of your busy day, and come home to the house smelling like a Mexican restaurant.
What else can you do with this shredded beef?
This meat is so juicy and flavorful, you’ll love it for burrito bowls and stacked on top of nachos.
A twist on a way to use it? Pile it on a baked potato, and load it up with a nacho cheese sauce. The cheese sauce from this recipe would be perfect.
This meat is perfect for game day gatherings, holidays, and pot lucks! Use it on a build your own taco or nacho bar.
Looking for other Tex Mex Favorites? Check out some these:
- Fajita Chicken Rice Bowl
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Tex Mex Skillet
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Rice
- The Best Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Tbsp . olive oil divided
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 2 tsp . chipolte chili powder
- 1 tsp . cumin
- 1/2 tsp . smoked paprika
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Flour tortillas
- Favorite Taco Toppings such as: guacamole salsa, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, etc.
- Combine your spices in a small bowl.
- Rub your spice mixture all over your roast.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet, over medium to high heat.
- Sear the roast on all sides, and place into your crock pot.
- In the same skillet, heat the other tablespoon of oil in the skillet, and saute your onions and garlic. Just saute until fragrant, you don’t want to burn your garlic.
- Pour the garlic and onion mixture over your roast.
- Pour your beef stock over the roast, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high of 3 to 4 hours. When your ready to serve, remove the roast from the crock pot, shred the meat, and serve with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g