This chicken pasta dish takes the flavors of Mexico and the flavors or Italy and combines them to make a Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce with Chicken that is out of this world amazing!
Do y’all realize that we are 3 days from Thanksgiving?! Wow, this month has flown by. Our Christmas tree is up, and I’m enjoying the lights. There is just something so magical about the glow of the colorful lights in the room, when no other light is on. Coffee by the Christmas tree is a peaceful way to begin your day. I know around here my day gets hectic fast with work, housekeeping, homeschooling, and now the holidays. I cherish the moments when I’m alone with my coffee, and the tree. Sounds silly I’m sure, but it brings back those memories of being a kid without a worry in the world but what Santa was going to bring me that year, and counting down the days we were out of school for Christmas.
About this recipe. Of course it keeps with our love of Mexican flavors. I’ve seen a few different variations of this cilantro lime sauce, some even call it alfredo, I call it delicious, and you will too! I combined a couple of recipes to make this one suite our tastes. It’s got the perfect amount of lime and cilantro without being over bearing. I think you’re gonna like it!
- one pound spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into chunks and seasoned with any Cajun style season
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice and the zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Prepare your noodles according to the directions on the box.
- While your noodles are cooking, heat your olive oil in a large sauce pan with high sides over medium to high heat.(I used my chicken fry pan)
- Cook your chicken until it's browned on all sides, and no longer pink.
- Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Add the garlic, lime juice, and chicken broth to the pan, and scrap any yummy bits from the bottom left from the chicken.
- Add in the lime zest, heavy cream, and milk.
- Bring it almost to a boil, and add the cheese, stirring to combine and help it melt.
- Add the cilantro, reserving 1/2 to sprinkle on the tops of the dishes before serving.
- Add the cooked chicken and pasta.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve hot. Spinkle with additional parm cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 185mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g