This Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower is the perfect “healthy” alternative to your favorite comfort food.
I admit this was my first attempt at creamed cauliflower. I have seen it all over Pinterest and in the food magazines, but honestly, I’m picky. I have heard it was good, I’ve heard it was bad, and I’ve heard it was just okay. I had no idea what to expect, but I had hoped that since we eat a lot of mashed potatoes around here that I could replace them with cauliflower every once in a while.
Guess what! These are delicious! They are creamy and cheesy, and the perfect healthy alternative. There was a hint of difference in the flavor, but seriously not enough that makes a difference. Perhaps I only could taste a hint of difference because I knew that I used cauliflower and not potatoes. Kelsie on the other hand was none the wiser. Score one for mom!
Riced cauliflower is my next venture. Have you ever had riced cauliflower? Did you like it?
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter optional
- In a large oven safe bowl, put just enough water in the bottom to cover it.
- Drop in your florets and cover with a paper towel.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or until your cauliflower is fork tender.
- Drain the water away and pour your cauliflower into a food processor (I used my Ninja)
- Add your garlic, parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of the milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- If needed add a bit more milk, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- If your adding butter, stir it in now.
- Top with fresh chopped chives, and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g