This cream cheese Italian pasta casserole is made with your favorite sauce, and revamped with cream cheese to make it the creamiest pasta dish ever.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
This dish is simple to make, tastes great, and has lots of great flavor. It’s a great recipe to come home after work, throw together and have ready in no time.
The mix in possibilities are endless!
bell peppers – onion – garlic – mushrooms – zucchini – tomatoes
Literally any pasta. I like pasta with lines or spirals, to help hold the sauce a little better, but you can use any pasta you have on hand. However, all I had on hand was shells, and they worked great!
What all goes into this Cream Cheese Italian Pasta Casserole?
pasta – ground beef – cream cheese – mozzarella – Parmesan cheese – your favorite red sauce – seasonings
Slow cooker/crock pot?
Grease your slower cooker insert, or use one of these handy liners. Cook your ground beef, and season with the seasonings in the ingredients list.
In the slow cooker pour in the pasta, red sauce, one cup of water, cooked ground beef, diced cream cheese block, and ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella. Give it a good stir.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Give it a good stir, and top with the remaining cheese. Cover for 30 minutes more, and serve.
Garlic sticks – cheese sticks – green salad
Here are some great sides:
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apple, Bacon, Cranberries & a Citrus Dressing
- Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing
Looking for more comfort food?
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- One Pan Chicken & Potatoes in a Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound pasta cooked according to directions we used spirals, but any will do
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 jar your favorite red sauce we use Simply Balanced from Target
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large oven safe skillet, if you have one, brown your meat and season with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bump the heat up to medium high if it isn't already and add your sauce.
- Cook until your sauce just starts to bubble from the heat, but not boil. If it starts to boil, turn your heat down.
- Add your cream cheese, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add your pasta to your skillet and stir to coat the pasta.
- If your not using an oven safe skillet, place the meat/pasta mix into a baking dish.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until your cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Mix it up, add your favorite bell peppers, onion, fresh garlic, etc.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 673mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 34g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram