Perfectly chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with dried cranberries and white chocolate. The dried cranberries offer the perfect amount of tartness, while the white chocolate delivers just enough sweetness to not overpower.
Cranberry and chocolate go so well together! Have you seen the chocolate covered cranberries? Those are so delicious! I didn’t even know that I liked cranberries as much as I did until I gave those a try. These cookies are made with white chocolate, but I bet a semi-sweet chocolate chip would be delectable!
There are several versions of these floating around the internet, but none of them, that I have found were egg free. So what did I do? Make them egg free of course! I adapted the recipe from Julie’s Eats and Treats because her version was simple which was exactly what I was after. I love simple recipes, but around the holidays I especially love simple recipes. I love cooking and baking as much as the other food bloggers, but I honestly don’t have the time to be in the kitchen doing a lot of extra goodies. These cookies are ready in little to no time. Plus if you are making the dough and need to step away before you bake the cookies, the dough will be fine for up to 3 days in the fridge. (or so the original recipe says) I never waited past the dough chilling for 30 minutes. We were ready to bake right away.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons water or 1 egg do this first and set aside
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- If you haven't already, mix together your flax egg and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and corn starch. Set aside.
- Cream together your butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add your flax egg or egg.
- Slowly add the dry mix to your wet mix until thoroughly combined. I used a large wooden spoon.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. (You may need to use your hands)
- Chill dough for 30 minutes, or up to 3 days. *see note
- When your ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop balls of dough onto your cookie sheets, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are barely golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, before moving them to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g