Crack Chicken Cheeseballs is the ultimate appetizer, snack, or party food. Ground chicken, ranch, cheese, and bacon come together in this addicting little bite.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
The first time I ever tried crack chicken anything was a recipe that I had ran across on Pinterest.
It was a cheesy potato crack chicken casserole, and with the addition of bacon, cheese, and ranch, I knew that our family would love it.
We did! It was one of the best potato side dishes ever.
Over the summer, a teacher that I used to work with, shared a recipe for a crack chicken chili – we of course made it.
It was outta this world delicious. And then…my mind started churning.
Years ago, I created a recipe for spicy chicken cheeseballs, that has been shared over half a million times, and has landed itself in the Tailgater magazine.
I did a search on Pinterest and Google, looking for a crack chicken version, and low and behold….NOTHING was there.
I knew that I had to create these Crack Chicken Cheeseballs to share with the world!
What is crack chicken?
Crack chicken is just a delicious combo of chicken, cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning.
Those flavors go together like peanut butter and jelly.
You can mix those together in just about any dish you make, and it will be a guaranteed winner.
How do you make crack chicken cheeseballs?
In a large bowl, you combine, Bisquick baking mix (or an equivalent), a ranch seasoning packet, cooked crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, milk, and raw ground chicken.
Using your hands, you mix it all together, and roll into balls. Place on a baking sheet in the oven, and bake.
Can I use preshredded cheese?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Preshredded cheese that you buy in the store is coated with an anti clumping powder. It would lend the same textures of flavors as shredding the cheese yourself.
Do I have to use extra sharp cheddar cheese?
Nope! Use your favorite. Cheddar is just the cheese that was in the original crack chicken recipes.
Can I make crack chicken gluten free?
Do I make this with raw chicken?
Yes. Just like you would make sausage balls with raw sausage.
Can I freeze these? Yes – here are two options:
- Follow the recipe mixing the ingredients, forming the balls, and placing them on a parchment lined (or wax paper lined, if you aren’t baking now) baking sheet. Pop in the freezer for two hours, to flash freeze them. Remove from the freezer, toss into a freezer safe zip top bag, and freeze until ready to bake. When you’re ready to bake, place on a lined baking sheet, and add an additional 10 minutes to your baking time.
- You can bake these ahead of time, allow to cool completely, and freeze in a freezer safe zip top bag. When ready to heat and serve, place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and into a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through.
These are perfectly tasty when served at room temperature, but I personally like them hot. You can reheat these easily in a 350 degree preheated oven in about 6 to 8 minutes.
Looking for more chicken cheeseball recipes:
- 3 cups all purpose baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 Ranch Seasoning Packet
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, cooled, and chopped
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- dash or salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl, either by hand or with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Once combined, form into small balls, approx 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown with an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g