Hints of cinnamon fill these Coffee Cake Muffins with a great flavor, while the streusel topping make for an excellent crunch, and finished off with a drizzle of vanilla bean icing!
Ya’ll I have been so busy working on getting our Chicago trip planned out for Kayla’s graduation (Go Navy!) that I am working overtime trying to get things for the site ready, so that when we get home I won’t be scrambling trying to get things live.
I have several exciting touristy things in Chicago that I can’t wait to share with y’all. I’m excited to share adventures with y’all outside of Florida! Make sure you follow along with us on Instagram, because I’ll be sharing everything there first!
While that paragraph has nothing to do with Chicago, I did want to say that these Coffee Cake Muffins do, sort of. Since Kelsie has some food allergies, we can’t eat at every nook and cranny. We have to get a room with a kitchen, just in case (and to save some money!)
One thing that I like to do is make some things at home and bring them with us. Like when we went to Jacksonville, I took munchie snacks with us, as well as a breakfast casserole. It really saved us on the ride over, as well as those days when we wanted something to snack on while riding around, not to mention we had a full breakfast twice.
So let’s talk Coffee Cake Muffins! Y’all, these taste just like a big ‘ol slice of coffee cake filled with cinnamon, and topped with a sticky vanilla drizzle. They are perfect with coffee of course, but would go great with a glass of milk or hot tea, if that’s your thing.
I’m not a fan of either of those. Kelsie does enjoy these with chocolate milk, which I can stand behind. They are a great quick breakfast that will get you out the door fast, or perfect for those afternoons where you’re craving something sweet.
I made these, and stored them in the fridge, just so the icing would stay firm. I popped them in the microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds and they were perfect.
Muffins always sticking?
You can make muffins using liners or just spray the muffin wells very well with non-stick cooking spray.
I have a silicone muffin pan, and I still spray it with non-stick cooking spray!
My muffins are never the same size!
I usually use an ice cream scoop OR I will use a 1/4th measuring cup. If I have batter left after either of those, I will use a tablespoon measuring spoon and evenly distribute the remaining.
More batter than 12 muffins?
Use two pans, and make sure to fill the empty muffin wells with water, to evenly distribute the heat.
We love muffins! Here are some of our favorites:
- Cinnamon Spiced Banana Muffins
- Iced Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon half and half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a non stick cooking spray with flour, spray the 12 wells of a muffin tin and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer beat together the eggs and oil. Add the milk. Slowly add the dry ingredients, with the mixer on low. Do not over mix. You can totally do this all by hand, if you'd like. Pour evenly into the greased muffin tin.
- Make the crumb topping by mixing together the dry ingredients, and then using a fork, a pastry cutter, or your fingers, mix the butter in. You are looking for a wet sandy texture. Distribute evenly on top of the muffins, making sure to press it down a little bit to stick to the muffins as they bake. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, before removing to a cooling rack. When the muffins cool completely, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze, and drizzle across the tops.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 206mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 4g