The right amount of chew and the right amount of chocolate chips make these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfect anytime of the year, especially Christmas!
There is something about the classic chocolate chip cookie that makes me think of being a kid. Although I didn’t grow up with anybody baking chocolate chip cookies, they just remind me of the simple life of childhood. Remember when you didn’t have to pay bills, cook dinner, and drive? That is the feeling that I get when I eat these cookies. They are simple, yet taste better than any store bought cookie you could ever buy. No, this chocolate chip cookie doesn’t come from a famous cookie recipe, but this classic chocolate chip cookie will make you famous with the family and friends that you share them with.
We know that Santa isn’t picky when it comes to cookies, but I bet he would love these classic chocolate chip cookies to dunk in his milk on his long journey.
If you missed yesterday, go check out the delicious Snappy Ginger Snap Cookies that kicked off our 5 days of Christmas cookies. They aren’t chewy, but snap when you break them apart, like the old fashioned kind. If your looking for more of a chewy ginger cookie, I have some delicious Pumpkin Ginger Cookies that has the right amount of ginger, and the perfect amount of chew.
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- Blend the sugars and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the water and mix until blended. I
- n a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the the flour mixture in small amounts at a time.
- Mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place scoops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool a two minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.