Fresh apples and a ribbon of cinnamon and brown sugar make this a tasty fall favorite. This Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread is packed with flavor!
While everyone seems to be pumpkin crazy, (myself included) I think we may have over looked another fall favorite; apple.
I’ve been reading a lot on social media that so many of y’all are planning to go to the apple orchards and go apple picking, and I’m all over here buying my apples from the grocery store, because I live in Florida, and we don’t grow apples.
I’m not even sure of the closest orchard to us. You see we don’t have a pumpkin patch here either, but drive about two hours away to visit in October. So perhaps I should look for the closest apple orchard, because I’ve never even seen one in person!
I’m not sure why we skip over apples. Perhaps we all think of them more of a summer fruit. I really associate apple season with summer and apple pie.
I haven’t been to a Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering that ever had apple pie, but why not? It’s always pumpkin and sweet potato pies on the table. Funny enough though, I’d probably wonder what an apple pie was doing crashing the holiday table. And that’s just because of my thoughts on apple pie being a summer thing. That should change because apple is best paired with
peanut butter cinnamon and spices, which to me screams fall.
Let’s talk about this Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread! I make a lot of bread, mostly banana, but still a lot of bread. I’ve not sure I’ve ever made something so perfectly moist and decadent before.
I found this recipe in an old cookbook that belonged to my grandmother. I was flipping through looking for fallish recipes, and thought of apples, because thanks to everyone talking about those orchards!
I knew that I had to make this bread, because for one, it was easy, two, I had all the ingredients, and three, I only needed one apple. I could spare one apple…We like snacking on them with peanut butter. Our 2 Ingredient Honey Roasted Peanut Butter goes great with apples!
This bread is, dare I use the word that so many can’t stand, moist (sorry, but it is!). It’s go just the right amount of cinnamon and sugar, and I love how the apples are layered into the ribbon of cinnamon and sugar. It just makes the apples that much more luscious.
One of my favorite parts of this bread is the topping. If you look, you can see that the topping is a nice crusty (in a good way) of the cinnamon and sugar mixture, which gives it the perfect texture. It also makes the ends that much more satisfying.
If you are an apple fan, this is the recipe for you! It’s great for snacking, and perfect with coffee, or hot apple cider! We have a recipe for a very Simple Apple Cider, that would go great alongside this bread.
Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread Ingredients:
- brown sugar and white sugar
- vanilla extract
- flour and baking powder
Can I substitute the milk?
Yes! You can certainly use almond milk or your favorite milk alternative.
How to make Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread:
- Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar – this is to swirl in the middle.
- Chop up the apples.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanila.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and milk.
- Mix together, but do not over mix.
- Pour half the batter into a prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle half the cinnamon brown sugar mixture and half the chopped apples across the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter, and top with remaining chopped apples and cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
Can I add nuts to this apple bread?
Yes – chopped pecans would be so good!
Here are some of our favorite apple recipes:
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped small
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer, cream the butter for two full minutes. Add the sugar, and cream together for two more minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and milk. Beat until just combined. I like to mix with a rubber spatula to keep from beating the batter to much.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. The batter is thick, so you may have to use a rubber spatula to spread it evenly in the pan. Sprinkle half of the chopped apples, and using your fingers or the spatula, press them into the batter. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter on top, and repeat the same procedure from above with the apples and cinnamon sugar mix. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer (or knife) inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan before removing to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g