These Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies have the perfect chewy center, with the right amount of chocolate chips, and a hint of cinnamon.
Chocolate chip cookies are one of those cookies that when done right they are perfect in every way. Soft and chewy in the center, with edges that are slightly more dense, leaving you with the perfect first bite. Let’s not forget about the chocolate chips, semi-sweet are my choice for the perfect cookie, because they help balance out the sweetness from the sugars.
I wanted to take my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and make it more holidayish. Y’all let me just say that these turned out very holidayish. 🙂 They are the perfect texture, the right amount of sweetness, and the cinnamon lends itself in such a way that makes the ordinary chocolate chip cookie a thing of my past. Seriously. I may never make plain chocolate chip cookies again. These are just that great.
Of course, don’t take my word for it. I made these cookies while Kelsie was having a sleepover. She and her friend loved these Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies. They may or may not have claimed them to be the best. 😉 You’ll just have to make them, and see for yourself.
I would also like to mention that they are just perfect with a glass of milk or eggnog! I’m not a milk fan, but Kayla is, and said said that they were a great dunkable cookie. I of course enjoy these dipped in eggnog, because the cinnamon pairs so well with it.
Whether you are enjoying these cookies with milk or with eggnog, I can assure you that Santa will enjoy them either way you serve them!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars.
- With the mixer on low, add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in, until a dough forms.
- Using a large wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a measuring spoon, spoon a rounded tablespoon full of dough onto a cookie sheet, making sure to leave enough room between the cookies for them to bake and spread out. (a couple of inches)
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and place on cooling racks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 106mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g