These Chocolate Chip White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie. Great for gift giving, cookie exchanges, and Santa Claus.
We are in full on Christmas baking mode around here. Just yesterday morning I was frosting some delicious Peppermint Frosted Brownies that will be on OH MY! Creative today. There is something about this time of year, when the weather starts getting cooler, the days get shorter, and the Christmas music is all over the radio that gets me in the baking mood. What about you, does this time of year make you want to bake?
I have seen a lot of takes on these cookies, so I thought why not take my classic chocolate chip cookie that you can never go wrong with, and make it more Christmasy. The result was perfect. I don't know if you have noticed but I am not using candy canes or hard peppermint candies. The soft peppermints tend to lend a smoother texture that work so well with recipes like this. Of course if all you have around are the candy canes on your Christmas trees, those will totally work. But I encourage you to give the soft peppermints a try, just for a different experience.
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 to ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Soft peppermint candies crushed for dipping purposes
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- Blend the sugars and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the water and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the the flour mixture in small amounts at a time.
- Mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place scoops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool a two minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before dipping.
- To dip the cookies heat your white chocolate over a double boiler over low heat heat to melt.
- Once melted, dip half of your cookies into the white chocolate and lay on parchment paper to cool.
- While the white chocolate is still warm, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g