Taco flavors in the form of a simple burger! These Chicken Taco Burgers will be a hit with your family.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
You know when you go to certain restaurants and they have those awesome gourmet burgers on the menu? Well, this Chicken Taco Burger, it belongs on one of those menus. Made with fresh jalapenos, homemade taco seasoning, lime juice and fresh cilantro, these remind me so much of those yummy chicken patties you can get at Trader Joe’s! Seriously.
When I told the family we were having taco burgers, they were all sort of like, we will just take our taco as is; no need to turn it into another dish. They really love tacos and could probably eat them everyday, whereas I can’t. I love tacos, but really have to be in the mood for them. You know what I mean? Like chocolate, I can eat that anytime, but tacos, no. Zack is that way with pizza, he could eat it everyday.
Anyway, after making these, we all loved them! When we get our new fridge next Saturday (long story), I thought about making up a batch of these and keeping them in the freezer, and pulling one out for lunch whenever. They are that good! I could eat one of these everyday. 🙂 You could eat these with or without a bun, and either way it would still be satisfying.
- 1 pound ground chicken I used the mix of dark and white meat
- ½ tablespoon of homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning
- ½ jalapeño seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together all of your ingredients and form patties. (I made 4 patties from the 1 pound)
- Heat a grill pan over medium to high heat.
- Spray with a cooking spray.
- Cook patties on one side until golden brown.
- Turn and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 761mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 35g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?