The Best Chicken Spaghetti with Creamy Garlic Sauce is a family favorite! A simple creamy garlic sauce tops spaghetti noodles and lemon and thyme seasoned chicken for a meal that everyone will love.
I think this is one of our favorite spaghetti sauce replacements that I've ever made. It's creamy, garlicky, and it pairs perfect with spinach and tomatoes. I've chopped tomatoes in this, but you could also use cherry tomatoes.
This recipe may sound like it's complicated but it's quite the opposite. I make it on weeknights all the time and we all love it!
Throw together some garlic bread and you have a full meal. Of course you can add a side salad if you'd like, but hey, I throw spinach in the sauce so I think that's plenty of green for one night.
Chicken Spaghetti ingredients:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- spaghetti noodles
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chicken stock
- parmesan cheese
- spinach (optional)
I usually use fresh chicken, but you can also use rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
I love adding vegetables to this, and normally add spinach, but you can also add broccoli florets.
Want it a little creamier? Swap out ½ cup of the chicken stock for heavy whipping cream.
How long is chicken spaghetti good for?
Stored in an air tight container, this will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Can you freeze spaghetti noodles and sauce together?
Yes. You'll make this recipe as is, leaving out the tomatoes. Cool completely and store in the freezer in a freezer safe casserole dish. When ready to enjoy, cover it with foil and place in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for an hour. Toss with tomatoes when heated through.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- Mix together the thyme, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper and add to a large bag to marinate your chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the chicken in a large pan over medium high heat until cooked through, set aside.
- Cook your noodles while your making the garlic sauce.
- In the same pan you cooked the chicken in, heat over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add your garlic and sauté until it’s soft. Careful not to burn it.
- Whisk in the flour cook for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken stock and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes. Whisking every couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and drained noodles.
- Finally add the parmesan cheese, stir thoroughly.
- Top with additional parmesan and tomatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 855mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g