Family pleasing Chicken Meatball Stroganoff is a great twist on a classic!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
The week of Thanksgiving is upon us and I’m ready to dive into some turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, and pie!
Who else is ready to stuff themselves beyond comfort?
I have no idea why holidays are the only acceptable days in the year that gives us the go-ahead to eat to the point of misery. And then hours later, do it again.
Or am I the only one that does that? Nah, I have family members that do it too, so I know I’m not alone.
What is your favorite thing on the holiday table? Or what’s your special dish that you prepare?
My favorite dish is probably the green bean casserole. Hands down the best that is the best one that you’ll ever sink your teeth into. I got the recipe from my niece years ago.
As for my special dish that I prepare? I really have no clue. I can recall a few family members who make the best whatever though.
Ok, enough about Thanksgiving!
While we are getting ready to sink our teeth into turkey, dressing, and all the goodies, I’m gonna sink my teeth into this creamy and oh so delicious twist on the classic, Chicken Meatball Stroganoff!
The meatballs are simple to make, and will be baking in the oven while you’re working on your sauce. The sauce is creamy and oh so tasty! I love to drown my meatballs and rice in it.
Oh, yea, rice is another twist on that classic pasta that stroganoff is usually served over.
We love pasta, and you could certainly do that instead. I just chose rice because we eat a lot of pasta, and not nearly enough rice.
The idea for Chicken Meatball Stroganoff came about when my daughter requested One Pot Beef Stroganoff Macaroni and we were out of ground beef. I hopped onto pinterest and there were tons of recipes for chicken stroganoff.
I had ground chicken that I had planned on making meatballs with, so I thought why not! It was so tasty that it became part of our regular dinner rotation. I figured it was about time that I shared it with y’all.
Can I freeze meatball stroganoff?
Yes. Just prepare completely, and allow to cool. Place in an air tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Allow to thaw in fridge overnight before heating up.
Some other ways to serve:
On top of egg noodles or mashed potatoes
Other protein options:
Ground beef or pork would be good substitutes for the chicken.
Some of or favorite sides that pair well with chicken meatball stroganoff:
- The Best Southern Cornbread
- Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppyseed Dressing
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste, be very generous
- 2 tabelspoons butter
- 2 tabelspoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil sprayed with non stick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs. Using your hands mix, but do not over mix, or your meatballs will be hard. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, measure and divide that into half. Roll the meatballs and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the meatballs and baking, make your sauce.
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat, melt the butter. Whisk the flour into the melted butter. Whisk in the chicken broth, paprika, and Worcestershire Sauce. Whisk until this starts to slightly thicken. Toss in the mushrooms, and allow to simmer for just a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Once the meatballs are done, whisk the sour cream into the sauce. Place meatballs into the sauce, and toss them around to coat. Serve over rice or pasta.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 1152mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 39g