Perfectly Chew Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make, flour free, and have that perfect chewy cookie texture!
We are a lover of desserts around here whether it’s cookies, cakes, cupcakes, bars, or brownies, if it’s sugary the girls and I will eat it. Zack doesn’t care too much for sweets, so it must be a girl thing. Or maybe he just doesn’t have a sweet tooth, or maybe it’s because he can control himself. Me and the girls are sort of uncontrollable when it comes to these things. All in moderation right?
Or at least that’s what a good friend of mine always says when I mention to her I can’t eat this certain food because I’m on a “diet”. I say the term “diet” very loosely because they don’t last long at all. It’s more like my friend says, all in moderation, that is something I can live with! So with saying that, try and eat these chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in moderation, it’s going to take some willpower, but we can do it! Maybe.
I have been eating peanut butter since I can remember, heaping spoonfuls right out of the jar. No judgement here, so you can admit that you’ve done it too. I remember the first peanut butter cookie I ever made, it turned out pretty great for a kid. My mom had this cookbook that was from all these different people all across Alabama, and there was a recipe called “The Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookie.” Apparently it had won an award. I had to make them. I was lucky that my momma didn’t mind me getting in the kitchen and making a mess. These cookies were amazing. They tasted so good. However, they lacked my favorite part of a cookie, they weren’t chewy. Come to find out that peanut butter cookies were really chewy, and I never understood why that had to be.
With my newly found food knowledge recently I set out to create a chewy peanut butter cookie and of course that cookie had to have chocolate chips in it. This cookie is perfection for those who love chewy cookies and who also love peanut butter and chocolate together. Enough chit chatting, on to the recipe!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate bar, sliced into chunks
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine your peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, beat until incorporated.
- Mix in the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and chunks by hand.
- Using a 2 inch cookie scoop or a 1/4 cup dry ingredient measuring cup with the dough split in half.
- Form your dough mounds on your baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes until edges are set and middle is barely set.
- You want these slightly under baked! They will set more as they cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 188mg Carbohydrates: 25g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g