This Cherry Pecan Granola recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. It’s made with oats, olive oil, pecans and dried cherries.
Granola was one of those recipes and food items that I never thought I needed in my life. Boy, was I wrong!
I just never thought that I needed granola. I always thought of granola as an ingredient solely for yogurt parfaits.
Boy, was I wrong!
When I made my first homemade granola a few years ago, I was honestly looking for something sweet and crunchy. I didn’t want all those extra added ingredients that come in the store bought granola.
Little did I know that it would become an obsession, always making new recipes, and tossing in different ingredients to come up with new flavors.
With homemade granola, you are in control of all the ingredients, from the type of sugar you use, to the nuts and dried fruits. You choose everything.
What are the usual ingredients in homemade granola?
old fashioned oats – nuts – seeds – oils – sweetener – dried fruit – spices
How long does homemade granola last?
About two weeks, when stored in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge or freezer if you’d like. If you freeze it, it will last longer.
My favorite ways to enjoy homemade granola:
- by the handful, when craving something sweet
- homemade granola really makes the perfect ice cream topping
- enjoy a bowl with your favorite milk or milk substitute
- make a tasty yogurt bowl with your favorite yogurt and fresh fruit
- use your homemade granola in other recipes, like this one, for Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
Here are some other granola recipes I think that you’ll like:
- Apple Pie Granola
- Gingerbread Granola
- Banana Bread Granola
- Simple Granola Recipe for Almond Butter Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of your ingredients. Stir until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture over the foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for at least one hour. This will help it harden up. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for two weeks. (longer if in the fridge or freezer)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 751Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 11gSugar: 36gProtein: 10g