These Carrot Cake Cupcakes & Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting are soft, moist, delicious, and will be a hit at your next celebration!
Kelsie turned 12 on August 22nd, and I’m pretty sure I cried. Sappy? Yes. Y’all she’s my baby. She’s my youngest. She’s most likely the last, because kids are expensive, and I want to go to Target without packing a diaper bag, and I want to go to Disney World and ride rides without having to use rider swap.
Yea, I guess that is selfish of me. But y’all, my youngest is 12, we would be starting over from scratch.
Does anyone else feel that way?
I’m in my mid-thirties. My oldest is in college, and my youngest is pretty self sufficient. We can leave her home alone to go on a date. She can ride all the rides at Disney World, and almost every ride at Universal. (she’s short for her age – and I’m good with that!) So no rider swap. We can go on vacation, and she can pack her own bag.
But then, then I feel that twinge…the one that says, this is my last chance – have a baby now before you regret it, and can’t have anymore.
Y’all my parents had me at the ripe age of 41, and I’m here to say that I don’t want to be a parent at that age. You’re tired. You don’t want to argue with a toddler that can only manage to say “no” to you every time you tell them to do something.
It’s just a constant battle with the thought, honestly. Do we try and have another, or just let it go. Gah, the mind games!
Anyway, y’all are here to see these Carrot Cake Cupcakes & Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting!
Kelsie chose these for her birthday celebration this year, and they were so good! I made this Perfect Carrot Cake last year that has been shared over a thousand times (because it’s perfect!), and she remembered how delicious it was, and requested carrot cake cupcakes this year.
Instead of using the exact same recipe, and turning it into cupcakes, I remembered I had pinned a recipe from Lil Luna, and decided to use it. I altered it slightly from the original, and it was perfect.
What I really like is the brown sugar cream cheese frosting, that is hands down the best cream cheese frosting I’ve ever eaten. I may have eaten the remaining frosting with a spoon, straight from the mixing bowl.
This recipe is going to make 15 cupcakes, and every one is going to rave that you are carrot cake queen (or king), because these contain just the right amount of cinnamon spice that carrot cake should have. They are insanely moist, and totally perfect.
Can I freeze carrot cake cupcakes?
Sure! Just make the cupcakes, without the frosting – and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
If you want to freeze with the frosting, you can do that too. Just make sure when you place them in the container that it’s large enough to keep the frosting from being smashed.
Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Can I make mini carrot cake cupcakes?
Yep! Just bake at 350 degrees, and check them at 10 minutes.
Add ins or toppings?
Nuts and raisins are popular carrot cake choices. Fold either ½ cup of each or both in at the end, before baking. It will make more than 15 cupcakes.
More carrot cake recipes?
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ + ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ + ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups carrots, grated finely
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake/muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, eggs, and oil for two minutes. Add the vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, and carrots. Mix until blended. Remove from the stand mixer, and using a spatula stir in the dry ingredients, until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Fill the liners ¾ths full, and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar for a full three minutes. Add the vanilla, and powdered sugar one cup at a time until the frosting comes together. Frost completely cooled cupcakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 3g