Thick, sweet, and chewy, these Caramel Chip Apple Blondies are exactly what you need in your life!
Are y’all ready for Halloween? Kelsie has had her costume for at least a month now. She is so excited to dress up as one of her favorite Star Wars characters, Rey. Last year she went as Princess Leia, another favorite. I honestly never thought that she would fall for Star Wars like she did. She had never seen any of the movies, but we knew that we were going to go to the theater last year when Rogue One came out, so we had to catch her up quick!
We started in numerical order, because I’m OCD, and I didn’t watch any of them until Episode 1 came out! Ha. I couldn’t bring myself to watch them in crazy order, the way they actually premiered in. Anyway. We watched, and caught her all up, to get her ready for Rogue One. She cried in the theater that day, because of one her favorite characters died. I won’t tell y’all who, just in case y’all haven’t seen it. (if you haven’t seen it, you must!) Anyway. The day after we saw it she said, “I’m gonna be Rey for Halloween next year!” And that is the exact costume I ordered from Disney in September.
If you order from Disney online, you have to order early to insure that you get the costume size you need. This is not a Disney Halloween costume sponsored post, but the quality of their store costumes to the ones you buy in the store are incredibly different. You totally get what you pay for when it comes to quality. If she ever chooses a Disney character I always buy from their online store.
Ok, so enough about Halloween, Star Wars, and Disney…these Caramel Chip Apple Blondies, y’all, I don’t even know all the correct words to use here. They are perfect in texture – chewy. Perfect is flavor – caramel and apple pie. And perfectly easy to make. You only need a few ingredients to make these, and they would be perfect as a pie replacement. I know that I love to eat pie, but most of the time I’d rather buy store bought than make one from scratch. These taste like apple pie y’all! What a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. I mean it will be here before you know it!
These would also be really great for those company Christmas gatherings where you have to bring a dish. This tastes great at room temperature. We actually eat them cold. Then again I love cold slices of apple pie. < — I’m weird. I also prefer cold pumpkin and sweet potato pie too. Yea, Zack thinks it’s strange.
I really wished I would have taken a picture of the way we ate a few of these blondies….but just picture it…in a plate a Caramel Chip Apple Blondie, on top of it, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then drizzled in caramel sauce. Yea, totally bring out the vanilla ice cream AND caramel sauce when you serve them!
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced into 1/4" chunks
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, divided, room temperature
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line am 8X8 inch baking pan with foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt one tablespoon butter. Add the apples and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave safe bowl. Stir in the remaining brown sugar. Whisk in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, and salt. Fold in the caramel chips and apples. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least two hours before slicing into 16 bars. If you'd like you can refrigerate them before slicing, this makes it easier to slice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 88mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g