This Buffalo Chicken Chili is filled with shredded chicken, vegetables, and beans. It’s hearty and filling, and perfect for those cold winter nights.
Happy 2017!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful time over the holidays. We ate lot’s of food, opened many gifts, and made tons of memories. It was a perfect Christmas.
Now that Christmas is over, it’s time to start churning out new recipes for y’all. I thought what better way to kick of January than with a recipe that will warm you from the inside out. After all it is winter. 🙂
Although, I’ll be quite honest with you, here in North Florida, we’ve only had winter show up twice in the last few weeks. I do know that winter is out there somewhere; I’ve seen all those photos of snow all over Instagram!
This recipe is for those of you that love chili and buffalo chicken. It’s perfect for game day; hello Superbowl 2017! It’s perfect after playing in the snow; so jealous of those that get to do that! It’s also just a great chili recipe. I believe that everyone should have a great chili recipe that they use as a go-to.
Packed with peppers, carrots, celery, beans, and shredded chicken it’s hearty and filling. Spicy but not too spicy, unless you like it hot, you control the heat.
Change it up, and make it yours! That’s one of those things I love about chili, no two recipes are ever the same. Your chili is usually different than your best friends chili. And his chili isn’t the same as your dad’s chili. You get the point!
What do you like on top of your chili?
This recipe is relatively simple to make. It’s basically do some prep, toss it together, and let it simmer. Crazy fact about me: I’ve never made chili in a slow cooker! Shocker!!
However, I think this recipe would be great in the slow cooker because the chicken you’ll use is already cooked. You’re basically just warming everything up and allowing the flavors to meld together. The only thing I would suggest is to saute the vegetables before tossing them in to the slow cooker. You want those flavors to come out that only sauteing brings.
What ingredients are in Buffalo Chicken Chili?
- bell pepper
- sweet onion
- chili seasoning
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- shredded chicken – I used a rotisserie chicken
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes with green chilis
- light red kidney beans
- black beans
- chili beans
What can you put on top of Buffalo Chicken Chili?
- sour cream
How do you make Buffalo Chicken Chili in the slow cooker?
Toss everything into your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Here is what I love serving with Buffalo Chicken Chili:
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 stalks celery sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large carrots sliced about the the same as the celery
- 1 bell pepper any color, chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup hot sauce start with the fourth, taste, and add as you need to
- 1 pound shredded chicken - I used a rotisserie chicken
- 1 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis do not drain
- 1 15 oz can light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can chili beans do not drain
- Heat the oil in a very large soup pot (dutch oven) over medium to high heat.
- Add the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic. Saute for 5 to 8 minutes until they are onions are translucent and the carrot and celery are tender.
- Stir in the chili seasoning packet and spices.
- Pour in the hot sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and beans. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Heat for 10 to 15 minutes, and taste. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Allow to simmer for at least 2 hours so that the flavors can meld together.
Top with cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 2371mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 14gSugar: 14gProtein: 43g