Blueberry Pound Cake with Orange is the perfect sweet treat to enjoy this spring and summer!
If you are still looking around for a dessert for Easter, stop right there, because this is it!
Blueberry is always paired with lemon, BUT the other citrus – in this case, orange is PERFECTION. Y’all, I wanted to make something with the blueberries that I had in my fridge before they went bad, and I had some oranges.
I started looking for recipes to pair the two together, but couldn’t really find anything much. So I took an old recipe and made my own!
This blueberry pound cake with orange is so moist and packed full of flavor. You can taste the orange because of the zest and juice, and the bursts of blueberries in your mouth give you all the blueberry flavor!
In this recipe I’ve used a vanilla Greek yogurt, but you could sub out for non Greek vanilla or even sour cream.
This recipe is easy and it turns out perfect every time! You and your family are going to love this one!
Would this be good with other citrus?
Totally! Sub out the orange for lemon or even lime!
What can I use in place of the Greek yogurt?
Use vanilla yogurt, plain yogurt or even sour cream. Greek yogurt gives it a little more protein, while adding a bit more vanilla flavor.
If you choose to use sour cream, make sure to add 1 teaspoon more vanilla extract.
What’s the best way to zest an orange, lemon or lime?
I use a micro plane, but a box grater works too. You just don’t want any of the white portion, because that is BITTER!
Can I use another kind of berry?
I haven’t tried it, but I bet strawberries, raspberries or blackberries would be so good! Ok, now I’m totally gonna try it with other berries!
Looking for similar recipes?
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line with parchment paper and spray a loaf pan with non stick baking spray and set aside.
- In small bowl combine the orange zest and sugar. Mix together until the zest is coated with sugar and the mixture smells like orange.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract,orange juice and oil together until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar zest mixture. Stir to combine.
- Toss the blueberries with the ½ tablespoon of flour. Once batter is mostly mixed, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle will come out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove the cake to wire rack to continue cooling.
- While the cake is cooling prepare the glaze. In small bowl add the powdered sugar, orange zest. Pour in the orange juice and stir. You may need more juice or powdered sugar to find the consistency that you want. With the recipe as is, the glaze is perfect for me. Sometimes others may like the glaze thicker.
- Pour the glaze over the completely cooled cake
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 225mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 45g Protein: 6g