This sweet & simple Blueberry Crumble is the perfect treat for those summer blueberries. It’s loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with an irresistible crunchy topping.
Last week Kelsie went with a friend of hers to a blueberry farm and brought home a gallon zip top bag overflowing with blueberries. My first thought was crumble! We love crumbles, because they are so easy to make. You just need some fruit, and a few ingredients and you’ve got a simple, but tasty dessert. Anybody can make a crumble. It’s doesn’t take a pastry chef to make one, and they turn out every time. They go great with ice cream, or they are perfect on their own.
I only used 4 cups of blueberries in this, and you could easily modify that to include two cups of one fruit and then another. A couple of years ago I made a Blueberry Apple Crumble that turned out delicious! You could even do a berry crumble, and mix and match strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. Wouldn’t that be perfect for 4th of July? Top it with some vanilla ice cream for a red, white, and blue treat!
This take less than 10 minutes to put together, and that includes some oven heating time. It takes about 45 minutes to bake, and is ready about 15 minutes after it comes out. You need that 15 minute cushion to help it set up a little bit. It’s still fairly juicy when warm, which is perfect for ice cream. I HATED that I didn’t have any ice cream to go with this, because the syrup that this makes would be outta this world amazing with some vanilla ice cream. I swear I’m getting some before we have another serving of this.
I have several crumble recipes on the site. They are really the perfect go to dessert. Depending on what you may be putting in them, they could be an all year dessert. I made a Pomegranate & Apple Crumble last fall. But I’ve also done Peach Crumble, Apple Crumble, and Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble.
Perhaps since it’s blueberry picking season, you are looking for even more blueberry recipes? Well check out my Double Berry Ice Cream, Very Berry French Toast, Blueberry Banana Bread, Double Berry Very Vanilla Cake, The Best Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Lemon Scones, Blueberry Muffins with a Cinnamon Streusel Topping, Blueberry Poptarts, and Blueberry Preserves.
There is literally a recipe for everyone! I didn’t actually realize I had so many blueberry recipes. I should have done a round up! I am working on three more blueberry recipes as well. I guess we like blueberries!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nine inch pie dish with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix together the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch. Stir until the sugar and corn starch are thoroughly coating the blueberries. Set aside.
- Mix together the ingredients for the topping, using a pastry cutter or two forks. You are looking for a wet sandy texture.
- Pour the blueberries and any juice into the prepared pie dish. Top evenly with the crumble. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. (golden brown topping, and bubbling around the sides) Cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving. The longer it sets and cools, the more set the center will be.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 66mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g