BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet is a family pleasing one pan meal that is great for weeknights when time is of the essence!
Where did the summer go? Kayla starts her senior year in a couple of short weeks, and then Kelsie and I will start back home school the beginning of September.
With school, field trips, and dance starting back, we are going to be busy! Not to mention that Kayla will still be working. < —– She got a job at Tropical Smoothie at the beginning of summer, and loves it!
They say the busier you are, the faster time goes, well here’s to a whirlwind finish to this year. And, I’m not read
I’m not ready for the hustle and bustle, and although I thrive on a good schedule, I’m not quite ready to give up my lazy days of sleeping until 9, and splashing in the pool most of the afternoon.
We have been working on our plans for Kelsie’s 6th grade year, and our second year homeschooling. We both decided that we wanted a schedule, so that our afternoons are spent as free as they can be.
With all that craziness of schedules, school, dance practice, and playing taxi cab, I want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. If you’ve been hanging around here long enough then you are well aware that I am a huge fan of one pan meals.
I love the simplicity that comes along with them. Throw some things in a pan, stir once or twice, throw the lid on and sort of forget about it. This BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet is really no different. It’s simple, and once you get it all in the pan, you can literally walk away until the kitchen timer goes off!
Perfect time to jump in the shower, help the kids with their homework, check up on emails, or read a chapter of Harry Potter! (huge HP fan!)
BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet recipe notes:
Feel free to omit the chicken and add ground beef instead.
Add bell peppers.
Toss in some mushrooms.
Instead of black beans, you could use kidney beans.
Here are more skillet meals, to make busy nights easier:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup smoky BBQ sauce
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- juice from 1/2 of one lime
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl stir together the lime juice, ranch dressing, and 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Dice chicken into bite sized pieces, and season with salt and pepper.
- In an oven safe pan, with lid, heat oil over medium to high heat.
- When the oil is hot, toss in the chicken, and quickly brown. (not looking to cook through)
- When the chicken is browned, stir in the BBQ sauce and rice. Stir to coat.
- Stir in the chicken broth, water, and ranch dressing, until combined.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- As soon as it reaches a boil, place the lid on, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through, and no liquid remains.
- Remove from the oven when cooked through, top with the shredded cheese, tomatoes and additional cilantro. Cover, and allow to rest until the cheese is melted. About 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 748mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 41g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram