This 30 minute Banana Bread Granola is healthier than any store bought brand, and is super simple to make!
I am a huge fan of homemade banana bread. It’s something that I remember my momma making quite often. It’s a quick bread that has been made about a hundred different ways, by almost everyone, with the flavors all pretty similar.
I have a very popular one here, Cinnamon Crumble Banana Bread, and I’ll be honest, I haven’t made it in forever!
I have been grabbing an oldie when I have been making banana bread, and although it’s scrumptious, nothing ever beats a cinnamon crumble topping. Am I right?!
While I was in the mood for banana bread, I didn’t quite have enough bananas. I just stood staring into the pantry, waiting for an answer. That answer came in the form of the oatmeal canister staring back at me. You know that creepy Quaker Oatmeal guy?
He was looking right at me, and it hit me, MAKE GRANOLA! Dare I say more? It turned out to be amazing.
It tastes just like banana bread. Exactly like it, but in granola form. The texture is totally different, obviously, but the flavors are perfection.
I grabbed up the few ingredients to make this Banana Bread Granola and made this on a whim. I know that it’s gonna be your favorite breakfast option with a splash of milk, or to top yogurt.
I’m all out now, but I bet it would be delicious on top of banana cream pie yogurt. YUM! Now I know what I have to add to my Walmart grocery pickup list. (Y’all, if you ain’t shopping with their grocery pick up, you’re missing out!)
I love that this is sweetened with maple syrup and the mashed banana. I tossed in pecans, because those are the nuts that my momma used to make her banana bread with, and I added in dried banana chips, for an added texture.
Of course I never like making granola without a handful of mini chocolate chips, and if you’ve ever had banana bread with chocolate chips, then you know that it’s AMAZING!
This is one of those recipes that you’ll want to keep on hand for all those busy mornings and afternoons when you’re looking for a healthy breakfast or snack option. It’s one that Zack and I have been eating a lot of lately.
Banana Bread Granola ingredients:
- maple syrup
- olive oil
- vanilla extract
- rolled oats
- banana chips
- chocolate chips
Banana Bread Granola Mix-ins and substitutions:
- Toasted coconut (Because banana and coconut pair nicely!)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter/almond butter (needs no explanation!)
- Swap pecans for walnuts or almonds
- Swap chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
- Swap the olive oil for coconut oil
- Swap maple syrup for honey
Tips for perfect granola:
Always use rolled oats. Quick cooking oats won’t give you the same texture, as you see in granola.
Line your pan with parchment paper. This makes for easier clean up, and ensures that the granola doesn’t stick.
Careful not to overcook granola. Check it prior to the bake time listed on any recipe. This is because all ovens, unless calibrated, aren’t the same. You don’t want to overcook your granola.
Allow the granola to cool completely before breaking it apart. I’ve even left it on the counter overnight.
Want more granola recipes?
- 1 banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dried banana chips, broken into smaller pieces
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, vanilla extract, maple syrup and olive oil.
- Pour in the oats, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and banana chips.
- Stir to thoroughly coat. Pour evenly into prepared baking sheet, and bake for 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool completely on the pan. The longer you allow it to sit at room temperature the crispier it will get.
- Once you're ready to store it, toss in the chocolate chips. Serve with your choice of milk or use it as a topping for yogurt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 6gSugar: 24gProtein: 7g