Stuffed with a cream cheese, bacon, and sharp cheddar mixture, topped with panko and baked in the oven, these baked jalapeno poppers are delicious!
Next Saturday the Florida Gators (yea, we’re fans, don’t mind the picture, the pom poms were Kayla’s when she cheered as a little girl) kick off their first game against East Carolina, and with that, the college football season begins! I don’t know about you, but I like to have munchie foods to eat during the games. Lot’s of people call it tailgating food. However, this girl has never been tailgating, therefore I can’t call it tailgate food. But, you can call it what you want!
Jalapeno poppers are so delicious, but if your making them for a crowd they can be a long drawn out tedious task. With these baked jalapeno poppers, you can prep them, toss them on a sheet pan, pop them in the oven and forget them. You can then go on worrying about frying up the chicken wings. See, I’m trying to help you, by keeping you out of the fryer as much as possible, and on the couch watching the game! Win-win! At least I hope your team wins, unless they are playing against the Gators, then I have to root for my orange and blue.
Double and triple the recipe for crowds!
- 5 jalapenos cut in half long ways, deseeded
- 5 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 slices of bacon we used Applegate, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together your cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, and bacon pieces, set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine the seasonings, panko, and bread crumbs, set aside.
- Spoon your cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves.
- Dip your jalapeno into your bread crumb mixture and coat both sides. (you can dip these in an egg first, if you don’t have an egg allergy)
- Lay the stuffed jalapenos on your lined baking sheet, spray the tops with your olive oil spray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g