Canned Biscuits make these Bacon Cheeseburger Pockets fast, simple, and guaranteed to be loved by everybody!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
In our house we love to eat all kinds of food; from Asian inspired dishes to those spicy south of the border meals that are packed with flavor. However, in our house we also like to do laid back meals that you can throw together, pile up on the couch, and watch a DVR'd show or two while enjoying something quick and tasty. Right now we are really into Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, Gotham, Pretty Little Liars, and Limitless. Of course these Bacon Cheeseburger Pockets would be the perfect weekend snack to hold you between a long stretch. And, who wouldn't love these on their game day food table?! Perfect for those football parties!
Anyway. These Bacon Cheeseburger Pockets are just that, laid back and simple. You brown your ground beef with your favorite spices and diced onions, toss in cooked crumbled bacon, shred up some cheese, and put together in a rolled out canned biscuit. Place them in the oven, and you have the perfect laid back meal that didn't require a lot of thought or ingredients, but tastes amazing!
About those canned biscuits. We only buy two brands, Annie's Organic or Trader Joe's. It just depends on if we have made a recent trip over to Tallahassee to our nearest TJ's, whether or not we have the TJ brand. With that being said, I'm sure you could use any other brand of biscuit, but I've only made these Bacon Cheeseburger Pockets with these brands before. And if you know these brands, you know that the biscuits are the larger sized ones. So, if you want to try another brand, just make sure you buy the larger sized biscuits.
- 1 can of biscuits the large size, 8 count
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound of bacon cooked and chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon A1 Sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to whatever your can of biscuits recommend.
- In a large pan, over medium to high heat, brown your ground beef.
- Drain away any grease, and season with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, A1 Sauce, and garlic powder.
- Roll your biscuit dough out, one at a time. You want to roll it out to at least 6 to 7 inches across.
- On one side, your going to place a couple of spoonfuls of the ground beef mix, a sprinkle of cheese, and fold over the side without anything on it.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges, or roll them up a bit, just to close it off.
- Bake according to your can of biscuits.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 1146mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 36g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?
- Prepworks by Progressive Snap Fit Measuring Spoons – Set of 5
- Wilton 3 – Piece Cookie/Baking Sheet Set
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cutlery 2-Piece Japanese Stainless Steel Santoku Knife Set with Acacia Handles
- CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set