The easiest shortcut to pie for those of us that don’t want to fuss with all the trouble. This Apple Pie Galette tastes just like apple pie but far easier! It’s the perfect addition to your holiday table.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
I have made several pies from scratch, but I’m going to be completely honest…I’m never happy with the presentation of the crust.
I can’t seem to get the scallops just so, or the braids just right. Sure I could totally buy a pre-made dough, and it tastes totally amazing, some of them even taste…home made.
But there are those times, far and few between, I assure you, that I want to just go all out scratch dough and all.
I started seeing these recipes for galettes on Pinterest at some point last year. I thought, at that time, it was an interesting idea, and I may one day make one.
Little did I know that about a year later that I would be obsessing over the simplistic technique of this so called open pie.
I have only made apple pie galettes, and for now that’s all I’ve got. All my kitchen plans to test out other galettes were tossed out the window when I lost a whole month of recipe testing, and now I have to be full on Christmas cookies, sides, etc. thanks to Hurricane Michael.
Nonetheless, this spring I plan on testing out quite a few fruity galette recipes to share with y’all.
This apple pie galette will be the hit this holiday season alongside all those traditional looking apple pies.
Your galette will be the first slice to go…because people are curious, and if they have never had a galette, but love apple pie, they are gonna be all over this!
Sit out a container of Breyers All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, because it’s the perfect topping! Nope, totally not sponsored….it’s the ONLY ice cream that isn’t loaded with corn syrup! Yay, thank you Breyers!!
How long will this apple pie galette last?
Stored covered in the fridge, it will last for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze apple pie galette?
Yes. Allow to cool completely before freezing. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the fridge over nigh, and serve warm.
What are some other add ins?
You could add chopped pecans to this. Top with caramel. Pears would be great added in with the apple. (Do a half apple and half pear mixture.)
More Apple recipes:
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 2 - 3 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon milk
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles wet sand. Add the water and mix until the flour is moist. Gently knead the dough a few times on a lightly floured work surface until it comes together. Shape the dough into a ball and flatten it into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling, mix the apples, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Cover and place in the fridge until the dough is ready.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12 inch circle. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange the apples (not the juices) into the center of the dough, leaving about a 2 inch border all around. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the apples, overlapping the dough as necessary. Press gently to seal the edges. Brush the crust edges with egg wash.
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g