A super easy apple pie like filling topped with a sugar cookie like topping and you have an apple crumble that everybody will enjoy!
I am literally obsessed with crumbles, and believe that I have planned out over the course of the next year a whole list of crumbles to make! Well, almost a whole year. I think that every fruit deserves to be put into a crumble at some point in time. With the sugar cookie like crumbly topping, and the melded together fruit and spices, baked to a pie like consistency, but without the hassle of making a dough. Oh, my my…Yum!
Crumbles are so easy to make that they are completely possible on a weeknight. I love desserts on weeknights because it’s so unexpected!
This is delicious alone or topped with vanilla ice cream.
- 5 to 6 medium sized apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter cut into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the filling mix together the sliced apples, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place the apple filling into an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- To make the topping, place the flour, salt, brown sugar, and butter into a bowl.
- Using your hands, mix together until you reach a wet sandy texture.
- Crumble the topping all over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and your filling is bubbling up the sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 370mg Carbohydrates: 88g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 61g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g