One Pan Fajita Flavored Salmon is a simple and healthy weeknight meal! If you love the flavors of fajitas, you’re going to love this dish.
I’m just going to start out by saying that I do no like salmon. I am not going to lie to all of you and say that I ate this right up, because I didn’t. My family, that’s a different story. Zack and the girls ate every bite that there was, and didn’t leave anything behind, except maybe a pepper or two.
I didn’t grow up eating salmon. I think I’ve probably shared this story with y’all before, when I shared my recipe for Simple Honey Glazed Salmon. I grew up eating fresh water fish almost every weekend, because my daddy would take us fishing all the time. And if we weren’t eating our share of fresh water fish, we were eating saltwater fish, of the white flesh variety. My favorites are grouper and flounder.
But ya’ll, my family loves salmon, so to be the sweet momma and wife, I make it for them quite often. Probably not often enough, but as often as I can stomach it. It always looks and smells so tasty. But when I go to taste it, it’s salmon, and I just can’t get past it. Oh well. I will keep on trying out all the salmon recipes, in hopes of running across one that I like.
My hopes were with this recipe since I love fajitas so much that it would be the perfect flavors to make this salmon my new favorite fish. Nope. But Kayla said this was her favorite way to eat salmon! Sounds good to me. This will go down as one of those every few months dinner rotations. Do y’all have those? Maybe it’s something that you’re not that fond of, but the rest of your family goes gaga over. That’s salmon for me. Instead of it going into our weekly or biweekly meal rotation, it goes in once every three months.
Love salmon and the flavors of fajitas? Then this is the dish for you! Pair it with our oh so simple and tasty Lime Cilantro Rice.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 bell peppers - your color preference - chopped
- 1 purple onion, chopped to the same size as your peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice of two limes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (add more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to broil - spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, chili flakes, parsley, and honey.
- Arrange the peppers and onion on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour half of the marinade over the top and toss to coat the onions and peppers.
- Broil about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and make room for the salmon. Pour a little bit of the left over marinade over the salmon.
- Place back in the oven and broil until the salmon is cooked to your liking. For us it was 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss everything in the last of the marinade.