Cheesy Zucchini Rice is the perfect side dish for just about any meal. This is a rice that even your kids will love!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
I shared a while back that I couldn’t for the life of me cook rice exactly right every single time. Even minute rice or whatever, I still would fail miserably. However, that has changed and it started with this recipe!
This has quickly become our favorite side dish to most any meat that I cook up. It’s cheesy and loaded with shredded zucchini! It lends just a hint of flavor, and definitely not enough for the kids to complain. Of course, I did get lucky in the kids and vegetable department; it seems that mine love almost anything green. < — They did not get that from me! It has taken me years to get turned on to veggies, and I am still utterly picky when it even comes to them.
Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice - I use Basmati
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 4 Tablespoons of butter divided
- 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
Over a medium/high heat, melt two tablespoons of butter.
Cook your onions and garlic, until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is translucent.
Stir in rice, constantly stirring until slightly toasted. About 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
Cover, and turn down heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Stir in shredded zucchini, cheeses, 2 Tablespoons of butter and salt to taste.
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cutlery 2-Piece Japanese Stainless Steel Santoku Knife Set with Acacia Handles
- Pyrex 3 – Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- Chefaith 3-Piece Fruit and Vegetable Peeler Set
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick 3-Quart Covered Oval Saute
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set – 6 Piece stackable with spout
- Utopia Kitchen Professional Stainless Steel 6 Side Cheese Grater or Vegetable Slicer